For your consideration, I am providing factual data and a list of accomplishments that you all have helped us achieve at Research Medical Center. These accomplishments speak for themselves and prove that we are safe, our patients receive world-class care and we have achieved national recognition for these and other efforts. It has been through our own internal hard work and dedication that Research Medical Center is recognized as a premier medical facility in the Midwest and one of the region’s providers of choice for health issues.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Missouri Award of Excellence for Patient Safety in 2011 and 2009
- 20% increase in employee engagement throughout the hospital over the past five years
- 117% improvement in turnover rate over five years
- 25% improvement in patient satisfaction over the past five years
- Numerous Joint Commission accreditations and certifications in heart failure, stroke and cancer care
- American Heart Association Triple Gold recognition for heart and stroke
I believe that part of the reason for the success of many of these accomplishments is due to our active Shared Governance nursing councils. These Councils offer leadership to their peers through:
- Nurse Executive and Nurse Practice Councils
- Nursing Quality Peer Review Council
- Nurse Retention and Nurse Research Councils
- Professional Development and Education Council
- Outpatient and Regulatory Readiness Councils
These are high-functioning, peer-led workgroups who are making a difference in the processes and improvements at Research Medical Center.
Research Medical Center has a strong culture of professional, high-quality care that has been provided to our community and the patients we serve for 125 years. I want to thank the nurses and the entire healthcare team for the outstanding care they provide to our patients every day.
Cindy Johnson, RN, BASN, MHA
Chief Nursing Officer
Research Medical Center